Centre for SME and Enterprise Development
The Centre for SME and Enterprise Development responds to the needs of the SME community to stimulate enterprise, innovation and business growth.
Recognised in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF2021) for its support for businesses, we work together with you and your business for a more productive and innovative SME Sector in Lancashire.
Boost your leadership skills with Help to Grow
Designed and delivered by entrepreneurs and industry experts, this leadership course is 90% government funded and will provide you with time away to take your business to the next level.Discover our Help to Grow course
Membership offer (free to join)
SMEs make up 99% of UK businesses. Our award-winning Centre for SME and Enterprise Development provides a free membership where you can connect and learn together with over 1,500 SME members. The Centre provides a gateway to our internationally recognised research centres, the expertise of staff, students and graduates, and the outstanding facilities we have to offer.
- Funded business support – £10 million of funding to support Lancashire SMEs.
- Access a wide range of expertise, knowledge and facilities.
- Develop your workforce through higher and degree apprenticeships, CPD and short courses.
- Recruit our students and graduates – you can post job vacancies for free.
Masterclasses and workshops
- We invite speakers with a passion for helping organisations to share their knowledge and expertise with the membership.
- Events will focus on key issues. Past events have included GDPR, digital marketing and workplace wellbeing.
Quarterly business breakfast and twilight networking events
- Expand your knowledge – expert speakers from industry.
- How can we help your business – an update on available business support.
- Make new connections – network with the membership community.
- Share and learn best practice – round table discussion on ‘hot’ topics.
Members’ Knowledge exchange meetings
Make new connections – share knowledge and best practice and seek support.
Good practice discussion groups
- An opportunity for members to set the topic for a round table discussion and seek help from the membership network.
- Interested members attend the sessions to discuss the issue/challenge, share thoughts, ideas and good practice.
- Outcomes are shared with the wider network.