Susan teaches across a range of subjects for within our school of Sport and Health Sciences Community Health and Midwifery. With particular expertise in Evidence Based Practice, Infection and Prevention Control, and Managing the Frail Older Person. Susan is a member of the Higher Education Academy
Susan is the course leader for the BSc Nursing Top Up Degree both Distance Learning and Campus based. Susan has particular expertise in Evidence Based Practice, Infection and Prevention Control, and Managing the Frail Older Person on which modules she leads at BSc and MSc level. Susan also supervises postgraduate dissertations on a variety of master’s health related subjects.
Susan was appointed as a lecturer in adult nursing at University of Central Lancashire in 2005. becoming a senior lecturer in 2006. The post registration modules that Susan leads on are delivered as a mixture of campus and E- learning modules. The E-Learning modules mainly attract overseas students from Canada, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Pakistan, India and Nigeria. Previously Susan was Course Leader for Pre Registration Nursing Diploma students from 2008-2015, until the course was no longer offered at UCLan.
- MSc Research and Practice Development University of Central Lancashire 2009
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies University of Manchester 1997
- Diploma in Nursing Studies University of Manchester 1995
- PGCE Adult Education Bolton College 2007
- PGCE In Evidence Based Practice University of Central Lancashire 2007
- PGCE In Health Service Management University of Central Lancashire 2002
- RGN. West Berkshire School of Nursing 1993
- External for Glasgow Caledonian University Preregistration Adult Branch
- Royal College of Nursing
- Nursing and Midwifery Council