Dr Renuka Thakore
Renuka teaches across a range of subjects for law, environment, and construction team. With expertise in sustainability, Renuka’s scholarship has led to establishing a collaborative platform for innovative and transdisciplinary partnerships and capacity development for early career researchers for contributing to sustainable development goals 2030 and beyond. She also supervises postgraduate projects on a range of cross-disciplinary subjects.
Renuka is a specialist in sustainability and human and environmental law, and construction practices, and teaches a range of law and research modules. She is a practising Environmental Auditor. Renuka is an Early Career Champion for ‘Integrated actions for SDGs’ contributing to the scholarly discussions and bringing insights into the latest sustainability science discourses, contributing to the 2023 Global Sustainable Development Report 2023. Renuka is a steering committee member for the Systems of Sustainable Consumption and Production Knowledge-Action Network (SSCP KAN) of Future Earth. Renuka holds a position on the Editorial Board for the journal Discovery Sustainability. Currently, she is the Principal Investigator for the project STRIDES (Systemic Transformative and Resilient Interventional Drivers for Education for Sustainability) conducting with 23 countries.
She is the Founder of Global Sustainable Futures Progress through Partnerships Network and has successfully created a collaborative platform for innovative and transdisciplinary partnerships and capacity development for early career researchers joined by senior experienced researchers from Global South and Global North. She is responsible for the commissioning and building of the global Network. Renuka is providing leadership to deliver full-fledged collaborative and interactive activities and co-creation of knowledge and practices, beyond national borders and academic disciplines, and contributes to the achievement of SDGs Agenda 2030 and beyond. She is committed to creating collaboration/partnerships across the low-, middle- and high- income countries, reaching out through its co-ordinators to secure global sustainable futures which are both urgent and important. She has been delivering a very engaging, interactive, inclusive enthusiastic programme for networking and capacity development, starting right from the first day of the year 2021. The network is inclusive and accessible for academics, systems thinkers, innovation practitioners, change-makers, and creative voices, from any discipline who want to enable sustainable transitions for future generations in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Renuka aims to forge connections outside of academia with other stakeholders such as government, community groups and business.
- PhD Environment Management, University of Central Lancashire, 2016
- MSc Sustainability in Built Environment Practices, Kingston University, 2012
- BSc (Hons) Environment Management, Kingston University, 2008
- Human and Earth Rights
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Education and Sustainability
- Sustainable Transformations
- Principal Consultant, Auditor, Trainer & Researcher for Carbon Management, Environment Management and Sustainability
- Associate Editor – Journal Discovery Sustainability (Since 24/06/2021)
- SRI2021 ECR Champion for ‘Integrated actions for SDGs’, Speaker at the Closing Plenary.
- Future Earth SSCP KAN Steering Committee Member (Since 03/2021), Observer at UNFCCC
- UK Coordinator for International Research Network on Resilient Climate Development – RIPEDRC (Since 09/2019)
- Organising Committee Member of Early Career Researchers (UCLan ECRN) (Since 03/2019).
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) (Since 07/2018)
- Practitioner member of IEMA (Since October 10/2008)
- Sustainability and Climate Change Special Interest Group of Institute of Environment Management and Assessment (IEMA) (Since 01/2015).
- Health & Safety Special Interest Group (SIG) Steering Committee Member at CIWM (Chartered Institution of Waste Management) (Since 04/2008).
- Steering Committee Member of Waste Collection, Recycling & Environmental Cleansing SIG at CIWM (Since 08/2008).