Mark is the Course Leader for the BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management Degree. He has extensive and varied Hospitality experience at operational, supervisory and management level gained in the US, UK, and Singapore. Mark lived out in South East Asia for 7 years gaining valuable insight into the Industry as well as teaching within Higher education. Mark’s research interest lies in the use of Animals in Hospitality and the Paranormal
Mark joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2017. He gained his first degree, a MA (Hons) in Hotel and Catering Management at Dundee Univeristy. Mark also acts an academic advisor and is a module leader for the Managing for Strategic Success in THE, Exploring Management in Tourism, Hospitality and Events modules. Mark has an extensive commercial background in the Hospitality industry in the UK, US and Asia
Mark worked in Industry for various hotel chains including Hyatt Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Intercontinental Hotel group and Park Plaza hotels and resorts gaining invaluable first-hand experience of the hospitality industry, before making the step into Education after undertaking various training and mentor roles Mark moved out to Singapore taking up the position of lecturer for Tourism and Hospitality before becoming Senior Academic head in charge of partnerships and placement lead working with various hospitality business in South East Asia and Australasia. After returning to the UK, Mark worked at Edge Hotel School and Coventry University London Campus becoming associate head of international programmes. Mark teaches within the tourism, hospitality and event division across all levels of undergraduate degrees.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education, Coventry University, 2017
- MA (Hons) Hotel and Catering Management, Dundee University, 2000
- Academic Excellence Award 2014 / 2015
- Mark’s research interest lies in the use of Animals in Hospitality and the Paranormal
- Mark has held various external examiner / advisory roles at University of Salford, University of Derby and University Campus Suffolk at Bury St Edmunds.He has also held positions in Asia for ERC Education group.
- Mark is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.