Jennifer teaches across a range of subjects for our sport and health sciences team with particular expertise in mental health and dementia. Jennifer qualified as one of the inaugural Dementia Practice Development Coaches in 2016 and is currently working towards her PhD exploring the training needs of allied health professionals within the general hospital sector. Jennifer is the course leader for our BSc (Hons) Physical Activity, Health and Wellbeing which is delivered from our Burnley Campus.
Jennifer is working to promote mental health education over a number of courses within Uclan and has worked extensively with local clinical commissioning group accross Lancashire by delivering dementia education to healthcare professionals.
Jennifer joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2015 after working in older peoples mental health services across Central Lancashire. Prior to her appointment at the university, Jeni began her career in the older adult’s community mental health team. She went on to gain further experience in Memory Assessment Services and prior to her employment at Uclan was employed as a clinical research nurse, caring for research participants who were recruited into investigational medication trials for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease. Jennifer is an active volunteer with the Sporting Memories Foundation, who provide weekly clubs offering reminiscence and physical activities for men over the age of 50 living with dementia, depression or social isolation.
- BSc. (Hons) Pre-registration nursing (Mental Health), University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- Post Graduate Certificate in Health and Social Care Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- HI4025 - Pathophysiology Applied to Practice
- HS1210 - Understanding Health
- Physical activity
- Social prescribing
- Reminiscence therapy
- Person centred care
- Improving clinical practice for people living with dementia.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Dementia Practice Development Coach.