Jayne Firestone is a nurse educator within the Mental Health pre-registration nursing division, School of Health. Prior to taking up her current position, Jayne was a lecturer/practitioner. She fulfilled hours both her in university and in practice. She undertook her PGCert in education following a BA in Health and Social Sciences.
Jayne Firestone currently works to support student nurses to undertake their clinical skills. She has special interests in moving handling, wound care and medication management. Particularly in relation to mental health nurses.
Prior to coming to Uclan, Jayne was a clinical practitioner working with people experiencing Mental Health Crises, in a brand new service in Blackburn which provides an alternative to in-patient admissions. Jayne has a special interest in women's mental health and has worked predominantly in this area for the past 10 years. She worked to improve the lives of women experiencing mental health problems in East Lancashire Jayne trained as a learning disability nurse and then as a mental health nurse 30 years ago and has experienced many changes in care over the years. She has also worked in Hong Kong and USA.
- RNMH Brockhall Hospital Blackburn 1989
- RMN Whittingham Hospital Preston 1991
- Fda Mental health 2:1 with a Commendation Lancaster University 2011
- BA HASS 2:1 John Moore University 2013
- PGCert Good standard 2014
- NU1302 - Nursing Practice 1
- NU2378 - Developing Practice in Mental Health Nursing
- NU2380 - Essentials of Mental Health Nursing 1
- NU4380 - Mental Health Nursing Practice 1
- NU3372 - Mental Health Nursing Practice 3
- Women's mental health
- Wound care
- Clinical skills
- Medication management
- Bank role for LCFT