Gill is a Chartered Accountant and worked in accountancy practice, including sixteen years at PwC, prior to moving to higher education. Gill's previous higher education roles include MSc Programme Leader in Accounting and Financial Management and Programme Leader for the ACCA Professional Papers Programme at Bolton University. Gill has taught overseas in Malaysia and Vietnam. She is a Member of ICAEW and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Gill specialises in auditing, financial accounting and financial management. She currently teaches first, second and third year undergraduate students but also has significant experience of teaching at masters and professional level.
Gill has significant experience of working in accountancy practice, the majority of this as a senior manager in audit at PwC, Manchester where she was also the Group Leader and Finance Manager for Public Sector North West and a personal tutor and interviewer for graduate trainees. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales, and following her move to HE she gained her Post Graduate Certificate in Professional and Higher Education and became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- BA (Hons) Economics and Geography, Middlesex University, 1987
- ACA - Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) 1992
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education, University of Bolton, 2014
- AC1100 - Introduction to Financial Accounting
- AC3300 - Auditing Theory and Practice
- AC1130 - Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- ACA - Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- BFP - ICAEW Business and Finance Professional
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy