Jane teaches on the MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course. She is also a Chartered Clinical Psychologist in the NHS as well as having an independent practice offering therapy to young people and adults.
Jane is a lecturer on the MSc Applied Psychology and a HCPC registered and BPS Chartered Clinical Psychologist. Alongside her academic role, Jane works within a Complex Safeguarding Team and has an independent therapy practice offering therapy to young people and adults.
Jane has worked within the NHS as a clinical psychologist within a number of settings including adult mental health, substance use and child exploitation. She also spent three years working abroad in United Arab Emirates (UAE) as a clinical psychologist for a local not-for-profit organisation. Whilst in the UAE Jane was a guest lecturer for University of Sharjah and Middlesex University Dubai. She worked for a number of years providing psychological consultation, therapy, training and staff formulation sessions within a substance use service. During this time she ran Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) groups for people who had experienced trauma and also had substance use difficulties and she remains interested in using a CFT approach within her clinical work. Jane continues to teach on substance use/addiction to trainee clinical psychologists within the North West. Jane's current clinical work is part of a Home Office initiative (Trusted Relationships Fund) focusing on supporting Police and Social Care staff working within child exploitation/Complex Safeguarding Teams. She offers psychological consultation and training with a focus on the impact of trauma. Since 2015 Jane has run an independent therapy practice in South Manchester offering therapy to young people and adults.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Lancaster University, 2007
- MPhil Psychology, University of Manchester, 2003
- BSc (Hons.) Psychology, University of Manchester, 2001
- PS4650 - Clinical Psychology across the Lifespan
- PS4651 - Professional Issues & Practice in Clinical Psychology
- PS4654 - Clinical Skills
- PS1680 - Clinical Perspectives on Psychological Disorders
- Her areas of interest are alcohol/substance use and complex trauma.
- HCPC Practitioner Psychologist
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Associate Fellow with the British Psychological Society (BPS)