Claire is a Pharmacologist that is involved with teaching across a range of biology based modules. Claire has a specific interest in understanding the mechanisms of drug toxicity in humans and the environment. Her research involves the use of in vitro and computational toxicology methods in order to develop screening tools to aide in drug development and hazard assessment strategies.
Claire is currently a lecture on modules that are taught across the BSc Neuroscience and BSc Biology degrees. Claire is module leader on five modules and takes an active role in ensuring the development of her students. She welcomes the opportunity to supervise project students for toxicology related topics during their final year. Claire also undergoes active research through collaborations with collages from chemistry to study nanoparticle toxicity and from geography to study ecotoxicology. Claire also undertakes pedagogical research through the School of Psychology and Computer Science pedagogical research group.
Claire completed her PhD in Pharmacology and Therapeutics as part of the Medical Research Centre at the University of Liverpool, where she studied toxicology of drugs. During her postdoctoral years she work as a computational toxicologist on many European wide projects as part of a multidisciplinary team. Her research has focused on both the human and environmental impacts of drugs and chemicals, evidenced by high impact publications in this field. Currently a Lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire she aspires to instil passion for understanding toxicology into her students.
- PGcert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- Ph.D. Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool, 2014
- M.Res. Masters of Research, Drug Safety Science, University of Liverpool, 2010
- B.Sc. Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool, 2009
- PS1601 - Introduction to Cell Biology
- PS1604 - Science and Society
- PS2606 - Introduction to Pharmacology and Cell Culture
- PS2602 - Applied Molecular Biology
- NT2031 - Research Theory and Practice
- FZ3699 - Research Project
- FZ3602 - Ecotoxicology
- In vitro toxicology
- In silico toxicology
- FHEA, D2 fellowship of the higher education academy, 2020.