Celia has a wealth of knowledge in the area of the armed forces community and in leadership, management and emotional intelligence. Celia has led in the area of military veterans for several years which has culminted in several research opportunities. Celia also supervises postgraduate projects in the area of the armed forces and veterans population.
Celia is an active researcher and she has published across several academic journals on a range of topics and is an invited speaker on leadership, management, emotional intelligence and military awareness.
Celia is a diplomatic communicator passionately working with vulnerable and minority groups ensuring their voices are heard. Dually registered with a background of over 30 years experience in the NHS, Nurse Education and working with the Armed forces community Celia delivers strong and efficent services that produce high quality care and provide advocacy to those in need. She has been an influencer through NHS Governor, Trustee, Director and Senior Executive Roles. As both an innovator and critical thinker who is politically astute, Celia has been central to strategic planning and delivery, evidence based practice and she invests in building and sustaining relationships. Celia has been central to the development of several successful projects including establishing the College for Military Veterans and Emergency Service and the Lancashire Armed Forces Covenant Hub and is an excellent collaborator in partnership working.
- PhD (2010) ‘Transference and Counter Transference as an agent in Care’ University of Salford.
- A50 Children’s Community Nursing (2000) University of Salford.
- M.A. Psychoanalytic Studies (1998) the University of Sheffield.
- E.N.B. NO1 Counselling in the Caring Professions (1996) University of Salford.
- Manchester Course in Group Psychotherapy - Institute of G.A.N. London (1995)
- B.A. (Hons) Nurse Education/Registered Nurse Tutor (1994) Manchester Victoria University.
- Registered Clinical Nurse Teacher (1988) Liverpool John Moores University.
- Registered Sick Children's Nurse (1984) Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool Health Authority.
- Registered General Nurse (1978) Preston Health Authority
- Head Quarters North West Business award (2016)
- Pathfinder award for best programme (2016)
- User and carer award (2017)
- Gold award for Employer recognition (2019)
- Salford 10K x 2
- Kindness and compassion
- The armed forces community
- Transference and Countertransference
- Transtion of service personnel
- Veterans Advisory and Pensions Committee ( 2016 -present )
- Trustee Gaddum (2015 - 2019)
- Appointed Governor Salford Royla Hospital ( 2010- 2014)
- Ambassador Prevent Breast cancer ( 2019 -present)