Dr Sherrington is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing and the Course Leader for the BA (Hons) Marketing course. Her teaching includes the areas of marketing principles, social marketing, corporate social responsibility, marketing management and marketing communications. Dr Sherrington's research interests lie within the area of food marketing, specifically food advertising targeting young consumers, as well as sustainability marketing. She has worked in a range of marketing communication positions in the UK, Sweden and Germany, covering industries including marketing consultancy, manufacturing industry and the not-for-profit sector.
Dr Sherrington leads the BA (Hons) Marketing course. She contributes to the teaching on this and the other marketing courses within the School. Dr Sherrington's research mission is to understand how marketing can be used to address the rapidly growing global problem of childhood obesity. She is also interested in how marketing can be used to encourage responsible consumption.
Dr Sherrington joined the University of Central Lancashire in 1998. She gained her first degree, a BSc (Hons) in International Marketing at the University of Mälardalen in Sweden in 1995. Following work in a marketing communication position with a Swedish developer of engineering software, she joined a marketing consultancy in Dresden, Germany. There she gained invaluable first-hand experience of assisting organisations in implementing the marketing concept in a formerly planned economy. Dr Sherrington obtained an MA (with Distinction) in International Marketing at the University of Central Lancashire in 1997 and subsequently gained an international marketing communication position within UK manufacturing. She also has experience from working in a marketing communication position in the not-for-profit sector in the UK. She holds a PhD from the University of Liverpool. Her PhD thesis is entitled ‘Childhood obesity and television food advertising – Advertising of healthy eating to adolescents guided by the principles of social marketing’.
- PhD Management, University of Liverpool, 2017
- MA International Marketing, University of Central Lancashire, 1997
- BSc (Hons) International Marketing, Mälardalen University, Sweden, 1995
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2001
- UCLan Students’ Union Golden Roses Teaching Award: Lecturer of the Year, 2018
- MK1551 - Marketing concepts
- MK2501 - Marketing Management
- MK2553 - The Responsible Marketer
- MK2503 - Regulation, Ethics and Trust
- MK4524 - Contemporary issues in digital marketing communications
- Food Marketing
- Food Advertising
- Social Marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Fellow of Advance HE