Donna Welch is Senior lecturer and Course leader for the BSc (Hons) Sexual Health Studies Course. Donna joined UCLan in 2016 following an extensive community based carer working in roles ranging from being a youth and community manager, a disability sexual health project lead to a Community Sexual Health Development Lead for Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust. In 2019 Donna became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and completed her MSc in Sexual Health.
Donna is Course Leader and Senior Lecturer managing both the MSc and BSc (Hons) Sexual Health programmes. Dring her time as Course Leader the team have been shortlisted for a Golden Rose Award and Donna specifically won the We heart You award, Both of these are student led initiatives.
Donna has an extensive community-based background in sexual health working accross Lancashire. Her passed roles have include managing the Chlamydia Screening and Education Outreach Team, working directly with vulnerable young people and people with disabilities to managing education outreach team. Donna has developed and delivered training on sexual health to partner agencies, education establishments and many more.
- MSc Sexual Health Studies 2019, University of Central Lancashire
- Higher Education Fellow 2019, University of Central Lancashire
- BSc(hons) Combined Health Studies with Counselling 2001, University of Central Lancashire
- Donna has a keen interest in Relationship Sex Education, along with the impacts of pornography and the sexualisation of young people.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy