I teach across a range of subjects including English for Academic Purposes, Education and Academic Literacy support. My research interests are in the field of variationist linguistics. I am a qualified teacher with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and specialist teaching qualifications in English to Speakers of Other Languages and mathematics.
My current research is in the area of comparative phonologies across languages. This has implications for our understanding of language evolution.
In addition to my present role at the University of Central Lancashire I have worked extensively in further and private education in the United Kingdom and abroad. I have also held post as an external examiner at other universities and have been involved in teacher training for Trinity College London programmes. I was also an ESOL examiner for Trinity College for three years.
- M(Res) Linguistics, UCLan, 2018
- BSc(Hons) Mathematics, Open University, 2014
- BA(Hons) Social Policy, Leeds Polytechnic, 1992
- EF2321 - Upper Intermediate English
- EF2331 - Advanced English
- ED2981 - Student Initiated Credit
- ED3981 - Student Initiated Module
- Phonological correlations