Darran is a Lecturer in Law teaching on a range of core modules. He is a Year Tutor for first year LLB students and has in excess of twenty years teaching and management experience in higher education. He is a Senior Fellow of Advance HE (Formerly Higher Education Academy) and has experience as an external examiner for regional (Midlands/Northern) Universities and Colleges.
Darran's research for his Masters Degree focussed on Tort Law, Criminal Law and Comparative Law. In his current role he supervises student research projects. Darran is currently undertaking research on teaching and learning which explores the development and use of Virtual Learning Environments such as Blackboard and Moodle in higher education.
Prior to his career in Higher Education, Darran was in practice at the Leeds office of national law firm.
- Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law, London, 1995
- LLM by thesis (40k words) and viva, University of East Anglia, 1994
- LLB (Hons), Kingston University, 1992
- Tort Law
- VLE use and development for teaching and learning in Higher Education
- Senior Fellow of Advance HE (formerly Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple