Christine has taught a range of modules for the Accounting and Finance Division, bringing her experiences as an Accountant in Industry to her teaching, which students have acknowledged supports their learning and understanding of topics.
As Course Leader, Christine supports a diverse range of UK and International Students and the development of our new Accounting and Financial studies degree, aimed towards students profiting from a mixture of assessment opportunities. Her student focus is also demonstrated in her roles as an academic adviser and Year 1 lead.
During her time in industry as both a Financial and Management Accountant roles, Christine has enjoyed communicating information to aid management decision making, the development of information systems and training staff in the effective use of those systems. Her proven systems and people skills were then transferred into teaching. Whilst at the University of Central Lancashire she has introduced SimVenture a business enterprise development game, enhanced the provision of Sage, Excel and SAP to enhance student employ-ability.
- MA Accounting and Finance, Uclan, 2014
- Graduate Certificate in Business and Professional Studies, Uclan, 1998
- Certificate in Education (post Compulsory) 1997
- AC3400 - Corporate Finance
- AC2500 - Accounting Information Systems and Control Issues
- AC2400 - Finance for Managers
- AC1300 - Information Systems and the Business Enviornment
- AC1200 - Introduction to Management Accounting
- AC3410 - Financial Management for Business
- AC3908 - International Financial Environment
- AC2002 - Business Finance
- HEA Fellow (FHEA) 2018
- SAP Certified 2015
- CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting. 2014
- QTLS Teaching Status, IFL 2012