Che started working at the University of Central Lancashire in 2020 as an Outreach Educator on the Social Work Degree Apprenticeship course. Alongside this, she is a registered Social Worker, an Approved Mental Health Professional and Best Interests Assessor. Her interest areas are work-based learning, practice education, social work with people who have mental health difficulties and with older adults. Che is registered with Social Work England and a member of BASW.
Che’s role as an Outreach Educator involves supporting apprentices and their employers with a focus on work-based learning. She works alongside employers to support the development of staff enrolled on the course, to enable them to develop and achieve progression in order to become professionally accredited Social Workers.
Prior to joining the University of Central Lancashire in 2020, Che qualified as a Social Worker in 2011, working most recently for a Local Authority in an Adult Social Care mental health team. She qualified as a Best Interests Assessor under the Mental Capacity Act in 2015 and as an AMHP in 2017. Che has experience of supervising colleagues and students within the workplace and is a Stage 2 Practice Educator. She has previously worked with older adults, as well as with women and children experiencing domestic abuse both in the UK and in New Zealand. In 2019 Che spent time working as a volunteer in Greece with refugees and asylum seekers developing her knowledge of the experiences of those people as well as how to play Uno! In 2019 Che delivered a Symposium session alongside Practice Educator colleagues at the International Conference on Health and Mental Health at the University of York.
- Postgraduate Certificate, Mental Health Studies, University of Cumbria, 2018
- Postgraduate Certificate, Primary Care Mental Health Practice, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- MA Social Work, University of York, 2011
- BA (Hons) Combined Studies (Social Science and Religious Studies and Comparative Religion), University of Manchester, 2005
- Work-based learning, practice education, social work with people who have mental health difficulties and with older adults.
- Che is registered with Social Work England and is a member of BASW.