Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing
School of Nursing
Angela started her career at UCLan in 1998, qualifying with her Nursing Diploma in 2001, progressing to work at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust. Angela Irving is now a Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing (Adult) whose role involves teaching pre-registration nursing students across a range of subjects.
Angela is currently Year 2 Lead for Adult, supporting curriculum design, content management, student involvement and support. This role involves:
- Attending and providing accurate information for progression and course assessment and maintain accurate records of assessment processes.
- Liaising with academic advisors within Year 2.
- Facilitating the nomination of student representatives and support them in their role.
- Passing any relevant information onto the course leader, academic team leader and student experience lead who will take this information to the Staff Student Liaison Committee (SSLC) meetings to discuss with the course representatives.
Angela has clinical experience within acute medical general and gastrointestinal. This has led her to acquiring a high level of clinical knowledge and skills from nursing patients with a wide variety of acute gastrointestinal and general medical conditions. Angela's experience in working as a Practice Educator Facilitator for 8 years, allowed her to support inter-professional students and mentors in the clinical environment, and develop a depth of knowledge within inter-professional education quality assurances set by Health Education England and various governing bodies. Angela began her academic career as a nurse lecturer in 2014, progressing to lecturer in 2016 and Senior Lecturer in 2017.
- MEd, Masters in Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2012
- PG Cert in Practice Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2010
- Mentorship, Lancaster University, 2004
- BSc Hons Nursing Top Up, University of Central Lancashire, 2006
- Diploma in Nursing (Adult), University of Central Lancashire, 2001.
- Inter professional learning and action learning
- Nursing and Midwifery Council Member since 2001
- Teacher (NMC) since 2010
2019/2020 – Alongside PL Rob Monks, Angela has supported completion of an evaluation study exploring the development of Module Assessment Group Support within the School of Nursing. Title: Evaluation of Module Assessment Group Support (MAGS): A Qualitative Interview-Based Study September 2019 – MAGs research disseminated at a NET Conference Keele University, UK. December 2019 – Angela assisted with facilitating a workshop for UCLan staff to disseminate research MAGS findings. 2012 - Angela presented her Master’s Research at a Conference held at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals in 2012, titled ‘Interprofessional Action Learning’
Telephone:+44 (0)1772 895114