Ingrid joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2005. Ingrid has 10 years of industry experience in project implementation and management of developing outdoor recreational and sport opportunities for large public organisations and Local Authorities. Ingrid also has experience of organising and managing national and local community events.
- LLM Sports Law and Practice, De Montfort University – Current
- Ph.D. Nationalism and Sports Tourism, University of Central Lancashire, 2011
- MA Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2009
- PGCED in HE, University of Wales, 2006
- B.A. (Hons) Leisure Management, University of Wolverhampton, 2001
Membership of professional and learned bodies
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Associate Member of the British Association for Sports Law (BASL)
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA)
- Nationalism and Sport Tourist-Host Relationships: Scotland
- Concussion and the Assumption of Risk in Equine Sports
- Q Methodology
- Surf Tourism
- Effectiveness of Verbal and Written Assessment Feedback to students
Teaching activities and responsibilities
- Ph.D. Supervisor
- Masters’ Dissertation Supervisor
- Undergraduate Dissertation Supervisor
- Teaching all levels from Foundation to Masters.
- Introduction to Sports Management, Business Environments, Operations Management, Sport Policy and Planning, Sports Tourism, Outdoor Leisure Management, Health & Fitness Exercise Management/ Adventure Sports Management, Contemporary Issues, Funding and Finance, Sports Law, Sports Business, Professional Sports Industry.
External Affiliations and Roles
- External Examiner, Leeds Beckett University, Carnegie (Sport)
- External Examiner, University of Wolverhampton, Business School, Wolverhampton City Campus
- 2002 Offered paper, Post Graduate Research, St. Martins College, Lancaster
- 2003 Offered paper, National Institute of Outdoor Learning, St. Martins College, Ambleside
- 2003 Offered paper, National Institute of Outdoor Learning, Buckingham Chilterns University College
- 2009 Offered paper, International Tourist Experiences Conference, University of Central Lancashire
- 2011 Griffiths, I. and Sharpley, R.A.J. (2011) The Influence of nationalism on tourist-host
- relationships, World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality, Hong Kong, December.
- 2016 Paper Submitted Inaugural International Conference on Tourism & Leisure Studies, University of Hawaii, Manoa, Honolulu.
Griffiths, Ingrid and Sharpley, Richard Anthony John (2012) Influences of nationalism on tourist-host relationships. Annals of Tourism Research, 39 (4). pp. 2051-2072. ISSN 0160-7383 Item availability may be restricted.
Griffiths, Ingrid. A (2011) Nationalism and Tourist-Host Relationships: A Case Study of Bala, North Wales. Doctoral thesis, University of Central Lancashire. Item availability may be restricted.