The city of Preston, the home of our main Campus, is located in the heart of the North West. Preston is the administrative capital of Lancashire, has an estimated population of 130,000, excellent transport links, fantastic countryside, as well as a bustling, compact city centre. Preston has the friendly feel of a traditional Lancashire town, with a proud history. You’re close to the rolling countryside of the Ribble Valley, the striking Trough of Bowland, Blackpool, Morecambe Bay and the Southern Lakes.
• Two multi-screen cinemas nearby and one independent cinema on Campus
• Guildhall entertainment complex - the place for shows, bands and pantomimes at Christmas
• Harris Museum and Art Gallery – more than a place to exercise your brain cells! Lots of interesting, exciting exhibitions which change regularly
• UCLan Sports Arena - best in the North West
• Regular cultural events like the European Markets, Caribbean Carnival and Preston Mela, which celebrates Asian culture and community
• A great range of shops, no matter what your budget.
The City is very compact, so it’s a ten minute walk to the shops from UCLan, or there are plenty of buses going past our front door. We’re close to the train station too and there are designated cycle lanes around the Campus and the City. You don’t have to leave Preston to catch a bit of countryside - we’ve got some impressive parks in and around the City, where you can relax and unwind, including the beautiful and historical Avenham Park with its Riverside Walk.