Combine your passion for football with developing the specialist skills to manage the rehab and recovery of athletes.
Why study with us
- This unique course develops you as a football player as part of a credit-based course structure in addition to gaining a BSc in Sports Therapy.
- Ranked in the top 3 in the North West and the top 5 nationally for Student Satisfaction in Sports Science - Good University Guide 2023.
- We offer students financial support towards the cost of travelling to their placements. As well as full clothing kit and pitch side first aid kit to all our students.
What you'll do
- Develop both on and off the field to become the best version of yourself and gain a recognised qualification in the process.
- Receive professional football coaching, including performance analysis, strength and conditioning and nutrition.
- Take part in a unique partnership programme between the University and Macclesfield FC. Staff from both organisations will help you develop professionally.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course has been designed with the support of its accrediting body, the SST, the lead organisation for Sports Therapists in the UK. On graduation you will be eligible for full membership of the organisation.
- Tracing their history back to 1874 they are one of the oldest clubs in the UK. We work closely with them to combine academic learning and development in a professional football club environment.
Future careers in football
On our Sport Therapy degree with Football Player Development Programme, you can shape your career in professional sport.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page