Physics with Astrophysics (Foundation Entry)
Our Physics with Astrophysics Foundation Entry degree course is a one-year preparation for a degree programme that will equip you to work as a professional physicist or astrophysicist.
Why study with us
- During your Foundation Entry Year, you’ll study alongside peers from related courses, as you gain a broad introduction to the fundamentals of classical and quantum physics.
- You’ll also develop the mathematical ability to express those ideas, and the laboratory experience to perform real physics experiments.
- In the 2022 National Student Survey, 92% of Physics and Astrophysics respondents were overall satisfied with their course, with a 90% rating for the teaching on the course.
What you’ll do
- During our BSc (Hons) / MPhys Physics or Astrophysics degree courses you’ll have access to the University’s Alston Observatory, one of the largest teaching observatories in the UK, to make real astronomical observations.
- You’ll be taught by members of the Jeremiah Horrocks Institute, a diverse and international community of scientists committed to excellence in teaching and research.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IOP, the professional body and learned society for physics in the UK and Ireland. On completion of this course graduates can progress towards Chartered Physicist (Phys) status.
Our Physics with Astrophysics Foundation Entry course can lead to a range of successful careers in industry, government research institutes, overseas laboratories and observatories.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page