From subatomic building blocks of matter to galaxies spanning light-years, everything in our universe is governed by the same fundamental principles. Discover it all with us.
Why study with us
- In the 2022 National Student Survey, 92% of Physics and Astrophysics respondents were overall satisfied with their course, with a 90% rating for the teaching on the course.
- We have recently invested in our teaching laboratories, providing a cutting-edge learning environment and equipment to develop your skills ready for industry.
- Physics and Astronomy is ranked 2nd in the North West for research intensity (CUG, 2022). Research intensity is a measure of the amount of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.
Discover our Physics courses
What you’ll do
- Because the course starts off with the same modules as our Physics with Astrophysics and Astrophysics courses, you can swap courses at the end of your first year.
- The MPhys individual project provides an introduction to research and lasts a whole semester in the final year. This takes the place of the normal BSc project.
- With a range of option modules, you can steer your studies toward your interests – in areas like Hamiltonian Mechanics, Particle Physics, or Solar and Plasma Physics.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IOP, the professional body and learned society for physics in the UK and Ireland. On completion of this course graduates can progress towards Chartered Physicist (Phys) status.
Our BSc (Hons) Physics course provides the analytical skills and mathematical knowledge which are in high demand across a range of industries, paving the way for careers in research, technology, finance and more.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page