Performance Analysis and Talent Management
Aspire to work in performance sport? Start your journey with the Performance Analysis and Talent Management course, offering insight to a range of careers in performance sport.
Over the past decade the discipline of Performance Analysis has seen a rapid growth at all levels of sport. As a result, a number of employment opportunities within performance environments have emerged such as, Video Analyst, Opposition Analyst, Video Coordinator, Technical Scout, Data Analyst to name a few. Our course has been specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive within these Performance Analysis related roles.
Why study with us
- We have strong national and international links at professional sports clubs such as Fleetwood Town FC, Preston North End FC, Wigan Warriors RLFC, Burnley FC and Preston Grasshoppers RUFC.
- You’ll have opportunities to gain real world experience with professional clubs.
- Our academics are research active in the domain of sports performance and have a wealth of experience in leadership positions in professional sporting organisations.
Sport in Preston
What you'll do
- The programme is designed to provide you with the skills, experiences and networks that will establish you at the forefront of sports performance upon graduation. The programme links theory to practice and provides opportunities for you to apply performance analysis, talent identification and coaching practice in real world contexts across sport both in the UK and abroad.
- You'll develop your understanding of scouting and talent identification along with an appreciation of how to competently develop talent holistically in a practical coaching and development environment.
- The emphasis of learning on the programme is on developing independent, resourceful, problem solving practitioners who have transferable skills that can be applied across many contexts. Throughout the course, there is focus on you developing professional and academic skills as well as the essential practical skills needed for a career in sports performance. The industry relevance of this unique course is highlighted by support and approval from the Professional Footballer’s Association and Fleetwood Town Football Club.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View our course facilities
With successful completion of the course alongside appropriate work-based learning, students will be prepared to progress onto a number of roles related to performance analysis such as:
- Video analyst
- Recruitment analyst
- Training analyst
- Data Scientist
- Visualisation Specialist
- Senior Match Analyst
- Coach Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Video Coordinator
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page