Music Production & Performance
Explore the world of professional music, with a course that balances vocation and vision – offering both career-ready technical skills and the freedom to explore your own creativity.
Why study with us
- A mix of real-world experience and expert guidance will build your understanding across various genres, releasing your creativity in the studio and on the stage.
- Meet professional musicians, producers and marketers at our networking event, where you could gain a valuable work placement.
- You will have access to the Media Factory, which is home to state-of-the-art recording studios with the standard live room/control room configuration.
Discover cJAM Performance, our networking event for students
- This course is industry accredited by JAMES and makes full use of broadcast standard production equipment and studios. JAMES is a consortium of music, entertainment and media industry organisations collaborating in the support of education and promotion of excellence.
What you'll do
- You can join our Recordings Group, a modern-day record label and music organisation designed to give you a taste of the real world of today’s music industry.
- We offer the opportunity of working with The Global Sound Movement, sampling the sounds of hand-built instruments around the world – from Uganda to Bali.
- You’ll learn from industry professionals with extensive experience and diverse expertise – offering academic support, practical tuition and masterclasses in industry-standard techniques.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Our Music Production and Performance BA (Hons) degree offers a blend of creative freedom, technical ability and practical experience – a solid foundation for pursuing a future in music.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page