Deepen your understanding of pure and applied mathematics with an MMath (Hons) degree. This course includes an extra year of study that prepares you for specialised careers.
Why study with us
- Our Mathematics, MMath degree was ranked 1st in the UK with 100% of students satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2020)
- All our maths lecturers have doctoral research degrees and are experts in their fields. These range across pure mathematics and applied mathematics.
- We're ranked 3rd in England with 91% of students satisfied with the teaching quality (Times Good University Guide 2021)
Studying MMath Mathematics
- Every MMath student gets the chance to go on a residential team-building course. This is a great opportunity to get to know other students and build friendships.
- There are opportunities to go on international field trips. Previous students have been as far afield as Benin in West Africa, where they visited local schools and attended conferences.
- We’ll help you to develop transferable skills which will ensure you excel in the world of work. From analytical skills to problem-solving, communication and teamwork.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Explore campus, discover our facilities and talk to academic staff and students about the courses you want to study at our Undergraduate Open Day. Join us on campus on Sunday 16 October.Book your place
MMaths course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IMA, the UK's learned and professional society for mathematics and its applications. The IMA award the Chartered Mathematician designation, which can be gained following further training and professional experience.
Future careers with an MMath
On top of all the varied careers, you can pursue after graduating with the BSc qualification, the MMath prepares you for a PhD and an academic career. You'll also be able to go into more advanced careers for example in research centres. As well as jobs with the most competitive employers, such as GCHQ.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page