Human Resource Management
The most important asset of any organisation is its people. On our BA (Hons) Human Resource Management degree you’ll discover how getting the most out of your staff leads to business success.
We’ll prepare you for a successful career in the world of people management and leadership. You’ll learn how to get the most out of staff, tackle common issues and enable people to achieve their potential while accomplishing the strategic goals of the organisation.
You’ll get the chance to undertake a 48-week work placement to gain real insights into how organisations work and put your skills and knowledge into practice.
(This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review and is subject to a course title change to BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable us to deliver a better quality of educational experience to you.)
Why study with us
- This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- From Year 2, you will be eligible to be a Student Member of CIPD. On completing the course, you can gain CIPD Associate Membership.
- Our strong network of local and national businesses gives you fantastic opportunities to get involved in internships, placements, live projects and mentorship.
What you’ll do
- You’ll get to attend research seminars, workshops and conferences organised by our University’s Institute for Research into Work, Organisations and Employment (IROWE).
- We’ll give you all the skills and knowledge you’ll need to pursue a successful career in human resource management and development.
- You will be encouraged to attend your local CIPD branch meetings as a way to build up networks with HR professionals.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
This course gives you the ideal preparation for a career in the Human Resource Management profession. You’ll also learn about the challenges of managing, leading and developing people across organisations. You’ll be in a good position to move into general management positions as well.
You also have the option of progressing to postgraduate study. We offer a Post Graduate Diploma or full master’s degree in Human Resource Management/Development. Both of these courses are accredited by the CIPD and will help you to work towards Chartered Membership.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page