Develop your understanding of the business and the depth of social impact that football has. This football player development pathway links real-life practice to academic theory.
Why study with us
- You'll have the opportunity to develop yourself as a player in partnership with a professional club.
- Learn in a true football focussed environment. This includes individual development and improvement plans based on professional coaching.
- Develop your skillset with expertise and experience of Macclesfield F.C. and the university.
What you'll do
- Learn from a dedicated team who are specialists in their chosen fields and have worked at the highest level, both in the UK and internationally.
- Take advantage of a range of real-world experiences that you can apply to the modern footballing environment.
- Develop as a player and gain the required skill set to work in the football industry.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
- Tracing their history back to 1874 they are one of the oldest clubs in the UK. We work closely with them to combine academic learning and development in a professional football club environment.
Future careers in football
This is football focussed programme combines our Football Studies BA (Hons) degree course with our Football Player Development Programme. This combined course will help you excel both in the industry and as a football player.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page