Fire Engineering (Foundation Entry)
Aiming for a senior role in fire safety? Fire Engineering could be your course. We’re a recognised Centre of Excellence for fire safety engineering and our research centre is second to none.
Why study with us
- Our course builds on the training and educational programmes offered by the Institution of Fire Engineers.
- You’ll get the chance to work with fire safety engineering companies, all with the aim of boosting your employability when you graduate.
- This course is practical and focuses on fire in the context of buildings and infrastructure, the technology for predicting fires, and designs for fire safety.
What you'll do
- You’ll work with the training team at Lancashire Fire and Rescue HQ in Year 1.
- Take the chance to take part in international exchange visits with our partners in the Middle East and Hong Kong.
- The application of fire engineering in the real world is multidisciplinary and so is our course.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
- This course is recognised by the IFE as a Recognised Educational Programme (with academic exemption) for Member Grade (MIFireE). The IFE awards internationally recognised qualifications and membership, and plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet professional needs."
Our Fire Engineering alumni find themselves in senior positions in fire safety design, fire safety engineering and fire safety consulting, and many are on their way to becoming senior fire safety officers.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page