This vocationally oriented course is designed for aspiring managers in the fast-growing events industry.
Our Event Management course will enable you to develop a wide range of professional and academic skills which you’ll then apply to the organising of live events throughout the course. We’ll help you to develop your creativity so that you’re adept at designing and delivering professionally-run events which exceed expectations.
The modules will teach you everything you need for a successful career as you build specialist skills in management, strategy, marketing, finance and human resources. Together these skills will help you to ensure that every aspect of your events run like clockwork.
We also offer optional modules which mean that you can tailor your studies to your career ambitions, whether you want to work in corporate events, sports, music festivals or other areas.
This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review and is subject to a course title change to BA (Hons) International Events Management. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable the University to deliver a better quality of educational experience to you.
Why study with us
- Our Events Management course is ranked 3rd in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism courses are ranked 1st overall in the North West - Guardian University League Table - subject ranking 2022.
- You’ll have the option to undertake a 48-week paid placement in the events industry, giving you vital insights into the role of an events manager in a real-life situation.
Grace: how UCLan helped me get work-ready
What you’ll do
- We keep class sizes small, so your tutors will get to know you individually.
- We have international links various organisations such as with White Lodgings (Marriott) in the USA and many of our students have taken up placements with them.
- There are also opportunities to gain work experience with large organisations such as Barnardo’s, RSPCA, Kendal Calling, Lytham Proms, Xtreme Storm, and Camp America.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
The continued growth of the events sector internationally will lead to exciting job opportunities in the coming years. Our strong links with event employers ensures our courses remain current and equip you with the exact skills, knowledge, and experience these employers need. Throughout this course you’ll have opportunities to connect with some of the best people in the events industry and turn your career ambitions into reality with the transferable skills you develop on the course.
We are proud that many of our graduates have gone on to work for large international organisations, while a significant number have chosen to work in the UK events and hospitality industry.
Potential career routes include event promotion and production, tour management, booking agencies, event sustainability, wedding and party planning, sporting events, theatrical production, education, and even funeral directing - the list is endless.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page