English Literature & Creative Writing (Foundation Entry)
Step into your own world of writing with our English Language and Creative Writing Foundation Entry course. You’ll learn the skills required for writing as a professional practice and try your hand at writing across a wide variety of genres, from poetry and drama to fiction and creative non-fiction.
Why study with us
- Creative Writing ranks 1st in the UK with 100% overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022).
- Creative Writing at the University of Central Lancashire is ranked 2nd in the North West and top 10 nationally for graduate prospects (Complete University Guide 2022).
- You’ll access our Live Literature Room, where you’ll share your work with peers and attend events and literary readings from industry professionals.
Theresa tells us why 'A Tale of Two Cities' is her favourite book
What you'll do
- Gain work experience with our live projects – organise a conference, literature festival, writing competition or reading project.
- Tailor your studies to suit your personal interests – we have a wide range of modules on offer.
- Study abroad as part of your course. You could spend a semester or full year abroad. We have exchange agreements with universities in many countries.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff & chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
Our English Literature and Creative Writing Foundation Entry degree could lead to many different career options, including travel writing, play and script writing, local government, public services, marketing, media, publishing and advertising.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page