Explore the relationship between English Language and Literature on this Foundation Entry programme. You’ll analyse a wide range of different texts – from classic works of literature to popular media.
Why study with us
5in the UK for academic supportNational Student Survey (Literature in English) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 8thin the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Literature in English) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- Our Live Literature Room features its own stage and library. Share your work with others and attend events featuring industry professionals.
- Gain work experience through optional modules in volunteering, leadership and mentoring accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
- You’ll have the opportunity to publish your work in our Journal of Undergraduate research, Diffusion.
What you'll do
- We’ll focus on your written, oral and transferable skills to ensure you’re employable in a global workplace.
- There are opportunities for further study and your career prospects will be broad - from jobs in teaching, to heritage, journalism and the creative industries.
- You can tailor your study programme to suit your own interests and career aspirations through a variety of optional modules.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Our English Language and Literature Foundation Entry degree could lead to a career in law, teaching, journalism, publishing, arts administration, theatre, advertising, manufacturing and finance.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page