Foundation Entry allows you to build your skills and progress onto our degree in English and Education. It’s an ideal route for mature students, or for those just short of standard entry requirements.
Why study with us
- Take time to build your skills and subject knowledge and know you will be offered a clear route into a high-quality undergraduate degree.
- We offer a semester-long placement in each year of study. You'll gain valuable experience immersed in educational settings to better understand the daily realities and dynamics of being in a classroom.
- The teaching team has a vast amount of knowledge and experiences spanning across a range of educational settings and specialisms.
What you'll do
- Combining Education and English offers you a pathway to a professional career or postgraduate research.
- You can combine your study of Education with English with building key skills that will allow you to succeed in the future.
- The degree you progress to will be highly valued by potential future employers.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Future careers in Education and English
Studying on this Foundation course leads directly into our BA (Hons) Education and English course. This in turn opens the door to professional career in education or other opportunities including journalism, publishing, and advertising.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page