Education & English (Foundation Entry)
Foundation Entry allows you to build your skills and progress onto our degree in English and Education. It’s an ideal route for mature students, or for those just short of standard entry requirements.
Why study with us
- You can take time to build your skills and subject knowledge and know that you will be offered a clear route into a high quality undergraduate degree.
- English courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked top 20 in the UK and 2nd in the North West for overall student satisfaction (CUG, 2022).
- Education courses at the University of Central Lancashire is ranked top 3 in the North West for overall student satisfaction (CUG, 2023).
What you'll do
- Combining Education and English offers you a pathway to a professional career or postgraduate research.
- You can combine your study of Education with English with building key skills that will allow you to succeed in the future.
- The degree you progress to will be highly valued by potential future employers.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Future careers in Education and English
Studying on this Foundation course leads directly into our BA (Hons) Education and English course. This in turn opens the door to professional career in education or other opportunities including journalism, publishing, and advertising.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page