Education & Sociology (Foundation Entry)
On our Education & Sociology Foundation Entry course you’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of two disciplines and get to the heart of educational theories, policies and practice.
Why study with us
- There’s an opportunity to undertake a placement in an educational setting at each stage of our programme.
- Our Social Sciences courses are ranked 2nd in UK for academic support – National Student Survey (NSS) 2022.
- Gain international work experience through our Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership.
What you'll do
- Our School hosts regular trips to destinations such as Cyprus, China, and other international locations.
- You’ll be on track to pursue either educational or sociological study at a higher level.
- Our course is very popular as it combines two complementary disciplines, with the principles of social justice at its core.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
The importance of Heritage, Culture and Identity
View the course facilities
- The Institute is at the leading edge of management thinking and are a globally recognised professional membership body for leaders and managers. Their research into new ideas, techniques and methods ensures that ILM courses are constantly improving, helping to develop students' leadership and management skills.
Education and Sociology Foundation Entry could lead to a career in primary or secondary school, or further education teaching following a PGCE or other postgraduate teacher training.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page