This Foundation Entry course allows you to build your skills and progress onto your degree in Education, Philosophy and Religion. It’s an ideal route for mature students, or for those just short of standard entry requirements.
Why study with us
- You can take time to build your skills and subject knowledge and know that you will be offered a clear route into a high quality undergraduate degree
- You’ll be learning from academic staff who are active researchers and experts in their respective fields.
- Education courses at the University of Central Lancashire ranks in the top 3 in the North West for overall student satisfaction. (Complete University Guide 2023)
What you'll do
- Combining Education with Philosophy and Religion offers you a clear pathway to a professional career or postgraduate research.
- You’ll combine the study with building key skills that will allow you to succeed as an undergraduate and in the future.
- The degree you progress to will be highly valued by potential employers.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by October 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Studying on the Foundation course leads directly to our BA (Hons) Education, Philosophy and Religion course. This in turn opens the door to a professional career in education or including youth and community work, working for international agencies, for charities or for government bodies.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page