Education & Modern Language (Foundation Entry)
Foundation Entry allows you to build your skills and progress onto our degree in Education and Modern Language, combining Education with Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian or Spanish.
Why study with us
- You can take time to build your skills and subject knowledge, providing a clear route into our BA Education and Modern Language degree.
- You’ll be learning from staff who are Linguists, and also active researchers and experts in their fields.
- Education courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked in the top 20 in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021).
What you'll do
- Combining Education with a Modern Language offers you a clear pathway to a professional career.
- You’ll combine the study of Education and Language with building key skills that as an undergraduate will be essential and allow you to succeed.
- On successfully completing the course you will be offered a place on a degree that is highly valued by future employers.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Future careers in English or Modern Languages
The Foundation course leads directly into our BA (Hons) Education and Modern Language course. Completing this opens the door to professional career in education or as linguist, you could go on to teacher training, or choose a career in youth or community work, work for international businesses, work abroad , for international charities or for government bodies.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page