Education & Modern Language
Considering a career in Modern Languages and education? Perhaps you are thinking teaching abroad or teaching multiple languages. If so, our degree in Education and Modern Language could be the perfect choice for you.
Why study with us
- You'll have opportunities to undertake placements in each of your three years of study and to take a year out to study abroad.
- Experience a different culture and graduate with enhanced language skills. Study whilst picking up the work-based experience required for teacher training.
- Education courses at the University of Central Lancashire rank in the top 20 in the UK for overall student satisfaction - National Student Survey 2021
What you'll do
- The course is ideal for anyone with an interest in languages who aspires to teach. It is not a teacher training programme but ideal preparation for one at any level. It also offers routes into non-teaching careers and postgraduate research.
- You’ll combine the study of Education with one of seven languages: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian or Spanish.
- This combination will provide you with skills and experiences that enhance your employability. Opening up many opportunities for a career in education and languages.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Education & Modern Language facilities
Studying our BA (Hons) Education and Modern Language can open the doors to a career in education where a specialism included on the national curriculum is required. As well as a wealth of other employment opportunities including finance, tourism or diplomacy.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page