Our Creative Advertising degree course is ideal if you have an interest in creative writing, design and media. You'll learn how to bring these skills together to inspire changes in behaviour and promote products, services and ideas.
Our advertising course offers you the chance to explore a range of creative skills. You'll enter a rewarding and exciting profession. Where intelligence, writing and creativity is part of everyday working practice.
Advertising has employed some of the world’s most creative minds and it’s easy to see why. Every day is different and you’re constantly innovating and problem-solving. There aren’t many jobs where you get to write, make films, design posters and work with the latest tech all at once!
Our Creative Advertising course produces award-winning students, we work with professional agency partners. And our industry-led model is about training the next generation of creative thinkers. Ready to solve the problems we don’t know exist yet.
The course is unique bringing together both copywriting and art direction. Our cohort attracts students from both writing and design disciplines. It encourages them to combine their skills to create ideas that affect change in the world. In Year 2 we introduce creative strategy to this mix, allowing you to identify how you can apply your skills to real-life issues. This makes the course about much more than just selling. It covers all aspects of communication problem-solving.
We have a genuine cross-disciplinary approach. Ideas generation and creative thinking is the bedrock of the course. You’ll get the opportunity to apply this to a variety of media at both a conceptual and technical practice level. As well as traditional visual design media such as print and posters. You’ll also learn how to create for radio, TV and film, outdoor and ambient advertising and social media.
Why study with us
- Our small class sizes mean you’ll receive plenty of tutor contact time and opportunities for peer learning between year groups. Our collaborative approach encourages everyone to work together rather than compete. Giving the course a real family atmosphere.
- Design Studies at the University of Central Lancashire is ranked top 20 in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021).
- Industry relationships are fundamental to the course and help to boost graduate employment. As well as conference week we offer network opportunities and professional practice experience. Through live agency briefs, portfolio feedback and mentoring with industry professionals. As well as workplace agency visits and external talks and events. We also run an annual trip to China where you’ll have the chance to collaborate with counterparts from our partner institutions.
Degree Show 2021
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our undergraduate Creative Advertising students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
Creative advertising gallery01 / 06
What you'll do
- You’ll get to unleash your creativity. From day one you’ll learn how to solve problems and think laterally. Giving you a new way of understanding people and looking at the world.
- Gain professional production skills. Words and images are the tools of our trade. So whether you’re a writer, designer or artist, your tutors will help you to develop these skills and learn new ones too.
- We work with our partners in the industry to bring you a range of exciting opportunities and events. Including guest speakers, live projects with real clients and visits to top advertising studios.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Creative advertising course facilities
Future careers in advertising
A degree in Creative Advertising is a gateway to many diverse careers in the creative industries. One of the fastest-growing sectors in the UK.
After graduating you may decide to enter the advertising industry. Or perhaps you’ll transfer your skills into another creative industry. You might even decide you’d like to continue your studies with a master’s degree.
Many of our graduates have secured roles leading the creative departments in some of the world’s top advertising agencies. Such as TBWA/Chiat Day, JWT, M&C Saatchi and VCCP.
Wherever you go, you’re part of a family. Our alumni become our partners, no matter how long they’ve been away. Many of them also come back to us to share their knowledge with the next generation of students.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page