Building Services & Sustainable Engineering (Foundation Entry)
Apply modern, sustainable and energy-efficient engineering systems to built environments on a Building Services and Sustainable Engineering Foundation Entry course with global industry respect.
Why study with us
- Full-time students can spend an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry.
- Take the opportunity to visit Hong Kong for a week on an exchange and to experience the ASHRAE conference in the United States.
- Flexible delivery of this course allows you to study whilst in employment. Our part-time teaching is delivered just one day per week.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- Our course is as multi-disciplinary as the professional world. Your project work helps you to facilitate dialogue with management teams.
- New sustainable building design concepts such as intelligent buildings, natural lighting design and renewables open up new and specialist career opportunities.
- Project work is steered towards sustainable and energy efficient engineering solutions.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the CIBSE, as meeting, in part, the academic requirements for Chartered Engineer registration preparing you to gain (CEng) status. The Institution provides first-class information and education services to support professionals and promote good practice.
Students studying Building Services and Sustainable Engineering go on to establish professional careers in consultancy, design, contracting, project management and maintenance.
We have places available on a range of undergraduate courses starting in September this year. Let us know your qualifications and we may be able to make you an offer in minutes.Apply online
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page