Accounting & Financial Studies
On Accounting and Financial Studies you’ll gain valuable insights into accounting and its varied applications in business life.
This course will enable you to develop your business, accounting and financial skills. You’ll look at the decision-making of companies operating globally and develop your knowledge of financial reporting, international accounting and entrepreneurship. You will analyse and interpret data from both financial and non-financial sources to evaluate performance and support decision making. Both financing and investment decisions are considered for organisations operating in a global environment which is competitive and dynamic.
You’ll explore subjects which are fundamental to understanding the financial position of an enterprise. We take a realistic view of accounting and financial studies by recognising the challenges of reliance on financial information for business and personal decision-making and integrate the importance of emerging business information.
This programme provides a strong foundation if you’re considering a career in business or finance. This degree is for those who benefit from assessment mainly through coursework.
This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable the University to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.
Why study with us
- Accounting and Finance courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked 1st in the UK for On-Track Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2022)
- We were also ranked 1st in the UK for learning opportunities and 1st in the North West for teaching quality – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- You’ll get the opportunity to further develop your employability by taking a 48-week paid placement, in accountancy, business and public sector environments.
What you'll do
- You’ll have the chance to spend your second year studying at our Cyprus Campus.
- The accounting and financial knowledge you’ll gain is ideal if you’re interested in a financial or related consultancy career within the accountancy profession, business or public services.
- We’ll give you all the skills and experience you need to become financially astute and make real changes and contributions in all sectors – without qualifying as an accountant first.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Please note that for Year 2, the AC2300 module is not available to international students entering directly into Year 2 of the programme. The BC2002 module is compulsory only for international students entering directly into Year 2 of the programme.
For those studying in Year 3, the AC3830 module is not available to international students entering directly into Year 3 of the programme. The BC2002 module is compulsory only for international students entering directly into Year 3 of the programme.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the CIMA, the world's largest professional body of management accountants, which provides relevant training and finance qualifications for business.
This Accounting and Finance Studies degree will enable you to work within international finance. It’s ideal if you’re looking for a financial or related consultancy career within the accountancy profession, business or public services.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page