Language and Global Studies
Our Modern Language and Global Studies courses give you the chance to study at least two languages and develop academic knowledge of your chosen languages alongside a practical understanding of how they’re used in real life.
Develop academic knowledge of your chosen languages but also a practical understanding of how they’re used in real life – including in translation and interpretation.
Why choose us?
- Work or study abroad for a period to enhance your language skills, improve your confidence and experience a different culture.
- Develop the language skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed in global business, including interpreting.
- Make the most of our Worldwise Learning Centre, with free access to Rosetta Stone for your guided study time
My year abroad in Madrid was amazing! I made so many friends from all over the world and my Spanish improved a lot.
Study Languages and Global Studies01 / 02
Modern Languages in Today’s World
What can I do with a degree in languages?
You could enter a variety of occupations after studying a language course. Our graduates work for local governments, in international business, consultancy, translation/interpreting, or worldwide teaching.
A degree in language could lead to a career as a:
- Policy Officer
- Political Risk Analyst
- Civil Service Fast Streamer
- Diplomatic Service Officer
Explore our facilities
Meet the team
Niki Alsford is a Professor in Asia Pacific Studies. As an anthropologist, Alsford welcomes proposals for doctoral research on society and culture within the Asia Pacific region. He is particularly keen on proposals pertaining to Taiwan and the wider Pacific Ocean. In addition, h…
Dr. Moises de Souza serves as the Course Leader for the International Relations BA programme and teaches a module in Foreign Policy Analysis (FPA). He is also a lecturer in Asia Pacific Studies at the School of Psychology & Humanities and holds the position of Chair at the Northe…