Language and Global Studies
Our Modern Language and Global Studies courses give you the chance to study at least two languages and develop academic knowledge of your chosen languages alongside a practical understanding of how they’re used in real life.
Develop academic knowledge of your chosen languages but also a practical understanding of how they’re used in real life – including in translation and interpretation.
Why choose us?
- Work or study abroad for a period to enhance your language skills, improve your confidence and experience a different culture.
- Develop the language skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed in global business, including interpreting.
- Make the most of our Worldwise Learning Centre, with free access to Rosetta Stone for your guided study time
Study Languages and Global Studies01 / 02
Modern Languages in Today’s World
What can I do with a degree in languages?
You could enter a variety of occupations after studying a language course. Our graduates work for local governments, in international business, consultancy, translation/interpreting, or worldwide teaching.
A degree in language could lead to a career as a:
- Policy Officer
- Political Risk Analyst
- Civil Service Fast Streamer
- Diplomatic Service Officer