Whether you're a current or prospective student, if you're finding yourself needing extra support and guidance at the University of Central Lancashire we are here for you. From academic help to dealing with personal difficulties, our range of services from our Student Support Hubs will provide you with the help you need throughout your time at UCLan and beyond. Whatever the issue, our Hubs are there with information and contacts regarding the support or facilities you require.
At UCLan we offer a variety of different accommodation options for postgraduate students. Accommodation is offered on the same basis for postgraduate as it is for undergraduate. Please see our accommodation pages for further information.
The Students’ Union is a registered charity, run independently from the University and represents over 26,000 students. When you enrol you automatically become a member and with that comes some great benefits. The Students’ Union also offers a range of information and advice to support health and wellbeing.
- The University of Central Lancashire has its own on-campus Medical Centre. Alongside this and the pharmacy, you also have access to trained counsellors and mental health advisors.
- All UCLan students based at the Preston Main Campus are entitled to a Free Sports Membership as part of their tuition fees. UCLan have two state-of-the-art sports facilities- the multi-million-pound Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre, and the UCLan Sports Arena.
- We have an on-campus Multi-Faith Centre to support students of all faiths. It also offers a neutral space where the chaplaincy team offer pastoral and spiritual support for all, whether they have a faith allegiance or not.
- The UCLan Student Portal is your gateway to all your course information, advice and learning tools needed to support you in your studies.
- The UCLan library offers thousands of books, excellent computer facilities and staff support. It is also open 24/7 during term time to support you.
- You will receive academic administrative support from one of our six support hubs, access face-to-face help and guidance from anything from timetable and course enquiries to professional placements and module registration.