Work or Study Abroad
Want to experience a new culture or learn a language? Our Study Abroad exchange programme is an exciting opportunity to continue your studies whilst exploring the world, as well as being a great way to make new friends, discover new foods and boost your confidence.
As well as beaches, sunsets and selfies, studying abroad will have lifelong benefits in your personal and professional life:
- Experience a new way of learning – a different academic way of teaching could give you a whole new outlook on your course.
- Enhance your career – a period studying abroad will stand out on your CV and international organisations want graduates with experience of living or working overseas.
- You will develop relevant, marketable skills such as problem-solving, communication, patience and perseverance, determination, self-motivation, analytical and study skills.
- You will meet interesting new people, have new experiences socially and develop lasting international friendships.
- Finally, you will definitely have fun! You should try to see as much of the country as you can – students who study abroad say that it is the best time of their lives!
The good news is that some courses allow you to study in year 2 of your degree. You will study modules that you would normally study in Year 2 of your degree, therefore the length of time it takes to complete your degree programme will not be impacted upon.
Some of our courses are not compatible with those in other countries, but students instead have the option to add a year to their degree and study modules that complement the course they currently undertaking at UCLan.
Are you an international student looking to join us in the UK?
Why should you choose us for your study in the UK?
We are one of the biggest and most diverse universities in the UK, our safe campus has a friendly, community feel, with lots of interesting places to explore nearby, plus you’re sure to make friends for life. Want to know more?
How does it work?
We have exchange agreements with almost 100 universities from around the world, whether it’s Europe through the Erasmus+ scheme, our Worldwide Exchange programme where we have partners in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Hong Kong or our International Student Exchange Programme (ISEP), which offers up the rest of the world.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in studying with us under one of our exchange agreements, you should contact your home institution exchange coordinator for information on the application process or contact email@example.com.
For student that are studying abroad through ISEP or one of our Worldwide direct partners you could receive up to £1,500* with our International bursary.
*subject to funding being available
It may seem daunting at first but tre is nothing quite like standing on your own two feet to improve your confidence and personal development.
Please note study or work placement abroad is only open to students studying at our main Preston campus.