You are here: Home / Support / Academic Information / Course information / Exams and Awards / Verification of Awards for Employers and agencies

Verification of Awards for Employers and agencies

We are pleased to announce the implementation of the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) online verification service for employers and agencies to verify University of Central Lancashire awards.

Please note that this service is only for third parties.

The system has been developed by Graduate Prospects, in consultation with universities, employers and screening agencies. Funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and launched by Graduate Prospects, HEDD is now being rolled out to institutions throughout the UK. The online candidate verification service allows registered enquirers to input data provided by applicants (name, date of birth, institution, year of graduation, qualification classification etc).

How to register

To make an enquiry you need to register with HEDD by visiting Select ‘University of Central Lancashire’ from the list of UK higher education institutions and choose the option to 'verify a degree award'.

How much does a verification cost?

Most HEDD verifications cost £12. This fee is a flat rate regardless of what information you require or the response you get to your enquiry.

Can I make a free enquiry?

Employers and agencies have to pay to use HEDD. Embassies that have funded a student up to and during their university career do not pay for enquiries. If you think that you are eligible to make free enquiries, contact Hedd with your surname, forename and email address so that they can locate your account. If you require further assistance, please email You will also be required to upload a consent form.

Making an enquiry

You’ll need the individual’s name, date of birth, course and qualification. For graduates you'll also need their year of graduation and degree result. If you require dates of attendance, please request this at the time of making the enquiry.
We recommend that you ask to see the degree certificate if there is one, and use that as the basis of your verification enquiry, or ask individuals to give you their data as they believe it’s recorded in the student records system.


If you have any problems or queries, please email including your phone number if you would like a call back.