UCLan recognises the unique issues faced by transgender students and are committed to providing support from someone who understands your needs. As such, we have a designated contact within Student Services who can provide you with advice, guidance or just someone to chat to.
UCLan is fully committed to developing a trans-inclusive culture, workplace and learning environment, where all trans people are treated with dignity and respect in the gender with which they identify.
A range of support is available to you, for example:
- Support updating your university records with your chosen name and gender
- Talking to your course team for you, or with you about appropriate pronouns, adjustments that may required on your course e.g. absence to attend appointments
- Organising new UCLan Cards/updating your photograph
- Creating a personalised staying well plan (we do this for many students)
- Supporting you to change accommodation
- Putting you in touch with local trans groups or student societies
- Providing mental health, disability or counselling support
- Supporting you with placements/ study abroad
Our Student Union also supports trans students in the following ways:
- An elected Transgender Student Rep
- A Trans Support Society
- A gender neutral toilet in the SU
- Student representation on UCLan committees to ensure the trans student voice is heard.
Feel free to contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org