You are here: Home / Support / Money / Help from UCLan / UCLan Financial Support / Support with your funding

Support with your funding

Most students choose to fund their studies by applying for a Student Loan. There are a number of different funding bodies that students can apply to, depending on their circumstances and where they live, but the majority of students from the UK will use one of the following:

If you are studying an undergraduate course, you will need to decide whether you need to apply for both tuition fee and maintenance funding and use the information provided by your funding body to work out how much money you are entitled to based upon your household income.
If you are studying a postgraduate course, you may also be able to apply for funding. This funding is usually paid directly to you as the student and you will need to pay your tuition fees to the University out of the money you receive.

If you are in financial hardship or would like to find out about your eligibility for Financial Support from UCLan, you will be expected to have accessed all of the support available to you externally in order to be considered for most of our grants and bursaries.

If you have started your course and are experiencing issues in receiving your funding or evidencing your circumstances, our team of experienced advisors can help you to speak to your funding body, send off any evidence that has been requested and provide you with information and guidance.

Our Students' Union Advice & Representation Centre can also support you with funding advice and guidance and we may refer you to this service for support if we think it is more appropriate.

If you are not eligible to apply for funding through the bodies listed above, there are other options for student funding, including Career Development Loans and funding through companies specifically set up to provide students with funding for their studies. You will need to do your own research to find the best option for you and your circumstances.

For Financial Support Enquiries:
Telephone: 01772 895000 / Email: