As part of your application for Financial Support, you may be asked to provide supporting evidence of your income, expenditure or circumstances.
Some of our Financial Support options require more supporting evidence than others and the exact evidence we require will be dependent on your circumstances.
After you have applied for Financial Support, you will be contacted by an adviser who will tell you what evidence you will need to supply to be considered for any monetary support from UCLan. You will have the chance to ask questions about what evidence we need and can set your own timeframe for providing the evidence.
We will also give you information about how you should provide this evidence. We usually prefer good quality, scanned copies of your evidence and will not ask you to provide your original documents. Scanned copies of your evidence should be sent to ATLFund@uclan.ac.uk as email attachments. Emails should ideally be sent from your UCLan email account or your name and student number should be clearly stated in the subject line so that we know who the evidence belongs to.
If you do not have your own scanning facilities, there are scanners available to all students located on the third floor of the Library.
If you are not able to scan your evidence because of a disability, long term condition or another specific reason, you can bring the hard copies of your evidence to the <i> on the ground floor of the Library. Please note that we may not be able to scan your evidence while you wait, and you may need to leave it with us overnight.
If you are eligible for one of our bursaries, you will only be asked to provide supporting evidence of your eligibility:
Proof of your Caring responsibilities could include one of the following:
- Carers Allowance Letter/cease of Carers Allowance letter
- DLA/PIP Notification – care element, along with a supporting statement of what carers support is provided
- Letter from GP
- Letter from a professional involved with the family e.g. social worker, CAHMS, family liaison worker
- Statutory Carers Assessment letter/referral/support
Proof that you have dependants and meet the eligibility criteria for this bursary:
- Child Tax Credits notification
- Universal Credits paperwork
- Proof of your dependants - We will need a copy of identification for all members of your household i.e. birth certificate, passport or driving license. If you have other dependents who do not live within your household full-time then we will also require identification for them and also please give as much detail about the circumstances - such as days, weeks you might have/see the child, what is your financial responsibility.
Proof that you have been assessed as an independent student by your funding body. If your status is not clear, we may need to call your funding provider to get confirmation of your independence.
If you receive a recommendation to apply to the Access to Learning Fund for support, you will need to supply us with supporting evidence of your income, expenditure and circumstances. The exact evidence that we need will depend on your circumstances but could include any or all of the following;
Proof of placement - If your placement is a compulsory part of your course, please provide the following (unless you can claim your travel back through the NHS Learning Support Fund):
- Confirmation of your placement dates and location from your School Hub
- Proof of placement travel costs (e.g. postcodes if you travel by car or travel tickets if you use public transport)
- Proof of partner
- Proof of each dependent – We will need a copy of identification for all members of your household i.e. birth certificate, passport or driving license. If you have other dependents who do not live within your household full-time then we will also require identification for them and also please give as much detail about the circumstances - such as days, weeks you might have/see the child, what is your financial responsibility.
- Proof of funding - Please provide a copy of your 2019/20 Student Finance Entitlement Summary. You can find this by logging onto your online student finance account. The entitlement summary is towards the bottom of the 1st page when you log on to your account.
- If you receive an NHS/Social Work Bursary, please log onto your Boss account in order to provide your 2019/20 entitlement letter.
- If you receive a Postgraduate Loan, please provide a copy of your award letter for 2019/20.
- If you receive any other funding (e.g. Career Development Loan or funding from Future Finance), please a copy of your entitlement letter.
- Proof of benefits - As standard we will need to see all pages of your Benefit notifications – if any of your benefits are paperless we can accept a screen shot however this must show your name and amount(s) breakdowns if necessary. If you are unsure if your benefits are correct the Students’ Union Advice and Representation Centre are trained advisors and can check if what you’re getting is correct. Contact details: 01772 894880 SUAdvice@uclan.ac.uk
- Tax credit Award Notification 2019/20 (ALL Pages required) – If you have not received your notification we can accept a screen shot from your online account this must show your name and amount(s)
- Universal Credit paperwork (ALL Pages required)
- Housing Benefit (ALL Pages required) – As a Full time student this should have been reassessed based on your Student Income. If you are unsure of your Housing benefit is correct you can have this checked with the Students Union Advice and Representation Centre 01772 894880 SUAdvice@uclan.ac.uk
- Council Tax Support Notification (ALL Pages required)
- Other Benefit Notifications for example: PIP / DLA / ESA / Carers allowance / Pension credit / Maternity Allowance (ALL Pages required)
- Proof of wages - 3 recent months wage slips if paid monthly / one recent month’s wage slips if paid weekly
If you are self-employed we will require your Tax return and proof of your earnings
- Proof of maintenance - This could be a payment that has been organised through the Child Maintenance Service, if so please provide a copy of the formal arrangement. If you have an informal agreement please let us know in as much detail as possible, providing/highlighting monies paid/received on your bank statements.
- Proof of accommodation costs – Please provide proof of your costs e.g. tenancy agreement, mortgage statement
- Proof of any other properties - Do you own / rent any other properties?
If so, please confirm the address of the 2nd property and also provide:
- A mortgage statement for your 2nd property to confirm the amount due each month
- If you also rent out this property, please provide paperwork to confirm the amount of the rental income that you receive from the property
- Confirmation of the cost of any building insurance that you pay for the 2nd property
- If you have more than 2 properties, please provide the information above for each property
- Proof of Council Tax - Please send a copy of your most recent Council Tax bill for 2019/20..
If you are a full time student you can apply for a Council Tax Exemption Certificate through our online Self Service Facility, follow this link for information and guidance:
Council Tax Exemption
- Proof of car - Please send a copy of your most recent Insurance Certificate or Log Book
- Please provide details for any childcare costs you have (either formal or informal).
You can ask your childcare provider to complete the Childcare Costs Sheet which you can download here. Please complete one sheet per childcare provider and per child if necessary, and ensure the provider's name and registration number (where applicable) are on the form.
If your child care provider would prefer to confirm the costs in writing, please ensure the letter contains details of dates attended, weekly / monthly cost and contact details.
Please note, we will require an estimate of costs for the year ahead and not invoices for sessions already undertaken (unless they relate to September 2019 - August 2020).
We may contact your provider(s) to verify information.
- Additional supporting evidence – Please supply any additional evidence you feel supports your application and what you have disclosed within your supporting statement e.g. proof of eviction, sick notes from your GP, proof of your caring responsibilities. You may wish to contact the team directly to discuss any additional circumstances separately where a clearer idea of the additional evidence we require can then be determined.
- Bank statements – 3 months recent bank statements for each account you hold are required including any savings or joint accounts. We must be able to see your name and account details to confirm the accounts are yours. We cannot accept statements downloaded into excel however screen shots taken from online banking are acceptable as an alternative. Within your bank statements we need to see your funding being paid in and your accommodation being paid out (where applicable).
All transactions (in and out of your account) of £100 or over must be clearly explained.
- Your full DLA / PIP notification(s)