You are here: Home / Support / Money / Help from UCLan / UCLan Financial Support / Estranged student bursary

Estranged student bursary

The decision to attend university is a big one for anyone – more so if you don’t have family support.

Estranged students are young people studying without the support and approval of a family network, if you think this describes your situation, but you are not sure, please contact us and we can arrange a confidential appointment.

If you consider yourself to be estranged, we can offer financial support and guidance, in particular we can help you with your application to Student Finance England if you are finding it difficult to prove your estrangement.

If you meet the following criteria you may also be eligible for a £1000.00 bursary from UCLan as part of our Financial Support package:

  • be under the age of 25 on the first day of your course

  • be studying a full-time or part-time undergraduate course

  • have been assessed as independent by Student Finance England or equivalent funding body (undergraduate students only)

If you would like to apply for the bursary, please complete an application for Financial Support and one of our advisors will be in contact to discuss your circumstances in more detail to let you know what support you may be entitled to and what evidence  you will need to provide.

UCLan also offer lots of wellbeing support that students can access at any time during their studies. If you would like more information about the support available, or if you would like to refer yourself to our experienced Counselling, Mental Health & Wellbeing team, please visit our webpages.

For Financial Support Enquiries:
Telephone: 01772 895000 / Email: