Short-term Loan Assistance
We are able to provide short term loan assistance to students experiencing extreme financial difficulties.
These hardship loans are available to students who are either;
- Experiencing a delay with their first instalment of student loans or bursary.
- Exhausted their student loan or bursary payment and are awaiting another source of income i.e. wages or next instalment of maintenance loan/bursary.
Short-term loans can normally only be considered for full-time UK home students. If you are a part time student, EU or International student we may require further information before a decision can be made, depending on your circumstances.
If you owe money to the University already, this may restrict what we are able to offer.
To apply for an short term loan we recommend speaking to one of our Customer Support Officers
in the <i> located in the Library Ground Floor or if you cannot make it on to campus please complete the online application below.
Please follow these simple steps to apply.
1. Please read, download and complete the application form which can be downloaded here:
. Once the application is complete please gather the supporting documents:
- We require 1 form of photo ID e.g. Passport, Driving Licence or Student Card.
- We require proof of 1 months bank statement from the date you apply going back 1 month e.g. online banking or printed.
- We also need to see proof you have applied for a student loan/bursary if you have not received your 1st instalment e.g. screen shots from your online account or any letters received.
. Open your UCLan emails
and send the application as an attachment to email@example.com
along with scanned copies or screen shots of the supporting evidence
NB - If you are sending your application via your personal email address you will be required to print off the application and sign the declaration at the bottom of the application form.
Decisions are made the next working day after the application is submitted and the amount payable is based on individual circumstances and at the discretion of the assessor. We may contact you if we have any queries with your application to assist us in making a decision and sometimes request further evidence.
The maximum we can offer is £250
We normally only consider essential food and travel costs for a limited period of time. We do not consider payments towards rent, but if you are having difficulty with your accommodation costs or other debts, we recommend that you seek independent advice from the Students’ Union Advice Service
Payments are normally made within 3-5 working days of receiving a complete application, however in an emergency payment could be made in 1-2 working days if required, please call us 01772 892583 to discuss your circumstances.