The Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing team are available Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm, and can be contacted by phone on 01772 893020.
If you need to talk to someone outside of these times the university security staff are available 24 hours a day. They can be contacted on 01772 892068 (non emergency queries) or 01772 896333 (emergency queries / situations).
You can contact your GP who has overall responsibility for your care. If you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency, you can contact the NHS helpline 24 hours a day on 111.
Lancashire Care Wellbeing and Mental Health Help Line
A confidential listening and information service provided by the NHS and operated by specialist trained volunteers. Mon - Fri 7pm - 11pm, Sat - Sun 12noon - 12 midnight.
Telephone: 0800 915 4640 Website: www.lancs-mentalhealthhelpline.nhs.uk
Papyrus: HOPELineUK is a specialist telephone service staffed by trained professionals who give non-judgmental support, practical advice and information to; children, teenagers and young people up to the age of 35 who are worried about how they are feeling, as well as anyone who is concerned about a young person. The service is available Monday to Friday 10am - 10pm, weekends: 2pm - 10pm & Bank Holidays: 2pm - 5pm
Telephone: 0800 068 41 41
Text: 07786 209697
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.papyrus-uk.org/help-advice
• Mental Health Helpline on 0800 9154640
Mon - Friday 7pm-11pm, Sat-Sun 12-12
(The Helpline is a listening, information and emotional support service for those concerned about their own mental health, or that of someone they know.)
• Preston Domestic Violence Service 01772 201601 (24hr service)
• No Panic on 0844967 4848 10am - 10pm everyday (help line is answered by trained volunteers to give out information, show empathy and support for people who suffer from panic attacks, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorders and other related anxiety disorders.
• SAFE Centre 01772 523344 (24hr service) (The SAFE Centre offers medical examination, advice and support to women, men and children who have experienced sexual assault or rape.)
• The Big White Wall - an online community of people who are anxious, down or not coping who support and help each other, guided by trained professionals. www.bigwhitewall.com
• For information about foodbanks in Lancashire please visit http://feedinglancashiretogether.yolasite.com/food-banks.php
(If you are ringing from outside the UK, and are unsure which dialling code to use, please visit: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialing.html)