We have a range of mentoring support programmes available to both students and graduates here at UCLan.
“Mentoring is used to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order to maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be.”
Eric Parsloe, The Oxford School of Mentoring & Coaching
There are lots of reasons for joining a mentoring programme and having a Mentor could help in a range of ways including:
• Giving you someone to talk to
• Helping you to consider your options
• Providing new networks and contacts
• Connecting you with other students who may have similar experiences
• Connecting you with Employers and experts from different industries
• Building your confidence when applying for jobs and developing your interview skills
Our mentoring programmes are designed to be flexible, responsive and easy to access. If you feel you would like to take some time to reflect on where you are at the moment and work alongside someone to explore your personal goals, action plans and areas for development then our mentoring programmes might be just the thing you need.
Choose how you would like to be mentored: